1. My girls (Katie Bug and her mom, Jenn) got moved in yesterday.
2. Katie Bug is now at her new school. We carried her this morning and met her teachers. I was very impressed with the school. This appears to be a very good change for her.
3. Bindings are sewn to 2 quilts so I can work on hand-hemming them while at the hospital with my mom. Plus, I have turned the heel and picked up gusset stitches on my socks… it will soon be “home stretch” on those. I don’t think I will be bored. (Plus, I have the new Jan Karon book in my bag, just in case.)
4. I’m headed to the “big city” today to stay with her. Surgery may happen as early as tomorrow afternoon, or sometime early next week. Please keep her in your prayers. We are so blessed the doctors have determined what was causing mom’s problems and feel they can fix it.
5. I’m completely over my “tizzy” about Christmas preparations and have taken the “oh well” stance. This year Christmas will be what we can easily do, and we won’t worry about what is not easily done… there will be other times to get totally wrapped up in our traditions, but this will not be the year.
6. God is good, all the time! He is the Calm in the storm, the Anchor of my ship, the Light in my darkness. (Now I will probably be singing the “God Is Good All the Time” song all day… it is stuck in my head!)
Have a blessed weekend, and I will check in when I can.