I finally have taken the time to sort through my UFOs to see which projects I want to finish for Judy’s Patchwork Times UFO Challenge. Truthfully, I was surprised that I did not find more things! I do have several small UFOs tucked away that I did not even consider. I am going for the GUSTO! I want to get these larger projects out of the way, and then I can throw in a small one if I finish my monthly project early (HAHA! AS IF!!) So here’s what I am planning…
1. Jeremy’s Milky Way quilt… piecing (I have 5 of the 25 blocks done. Then there is a pieced sashing around all the blocks…. lots of work in that, plus pieced borders. And I also just remembered… I still have not found the fabric I want for the pieced sashing, so I better get to work on that! This will take a while!) *This was started about 5 months ago. It was intended to be his Christmas present but I just could not get it done. It will now be his birthday gift (end of March) so no matter WHAT number Judy draws I will work on this one first! I LOVE how the blocks are turning out. I think I will need to make another one of these after I have completed his. After all… I must do SOMETHING with all that shirt fabric I have been collecting!
2. Jeremy’s Milky Way quilt…. quilting and binding
4. Green 4-Patch Posey … setting blocks together and borders *This is for MY bed. Blocks are all made, but I have not decided how I would like to set them together. I want to do something different, but I just don’t know WHAT!
5. Green 4-Patch Posey…. quilting and binding
7. Glorified 9-Patch …. binding (This is a scalloped binding. I figure it will take me a whole month to hand-hem this baby!)
8. Jelly Roll Diamonds quilt… quilting and binding *This top was pieced about 2 years ago. It was my first jelly roll quilt and was loads of fun, but I never did decide how I wanted to quilt it. Time to make up my mind! I think this will be a great place to practice on custom quilting with the IQ.
10. Balloons Stack & Whack… quilting and binding
11. Floral Stack & Whack… piecing *I think all of this has been cut out and 2 or 3 blocks have been pieced.
12. Floral Stack & Whack… quilting and binding *Both Stack & Whack quilts were begun as examples when I taught a class on how to do these. They have been hanging around for about 8 years now!
Now Judy, here is the thing…
I MUST get Jeremy’s quilt done first, so no matter what you draw, his quilt gets priority in January and February. And IF you draw a number that is one of my quilting projects but the piecing has to be done first, obviously I am going to have to do some switching around a little. Please don’t send the quilt police after me!!
SOOOOOO…. If I am able to keep up with this I will complete 7 quilts next year. It will feel very good to have these UFOs done and given as gifts or used in our home. I work best under pressure, so hopefully I can keep this going all year.
Are YOU up to the challenge? If so, hop over to Patchwork Times and sign up!