I am too! Sick of looking at that same post over and over. I promise I DO have other things to write about, and I even have pictures (trapped inside my camera at this point in time), but no time to get it all working together right now.
Why am I so busy?
I am trying to get all of my ducks in a row to go to quilt retreat in Cold Spring, TX. We leave early Monday morning, and return late Thursday afternoon. I am taking 3 projects to work on, and I am desperately trying to get all of the cutting done before I go so I can walk in the door and let the sewing marathon begin!
I am working on… the green 4-patch posey. This is for my bed, and I desperately need a new quilt on there! The one we are currently using is a “Mile A Minute” quilt done in 2004 right after I got the long arm. I am so ready for something new in there! The blocks are all made, the setting design is decided upon, and the strips for sashing and cornerstones are cut. Even though it is king-size, I think this will be a quick project.
The second project is to complete all of the first 4 parts of a series quilt in McCalls Quilting called “America the Beautiful”. Most of parts 1 and 2, and all of part 3 are done. Part 4 just came out last week, so I have been working on cutting out and bagging up the blocks I need to complete. I think this is a 6 part series so I am on the down-hill slide!
The third project is a t-shirt quilt. I have not even begun working on that, but I am hoping to get the interfacing ironed onto all the shirts and the blocks cut before I leave, so I won’t have to haul all of that bulky t-shirt mess with me.
My 4th project (back-up in case I run out of other stuff to do), is knitting on the rainbow socks (August socks!). I have one of them made but the heel is a little too large so I will rip out the heel and redo it. That is the neat thing about the Cat Bourdhi method… even after the leg is done, I can rip out and re-knit just the heel without disturbing the rest of the sock! I LOVE this method of sock knitting.
And in amongst all of that craziness, I got a wild hair to make a new quilt to take with me for my bed. It was quilted on Monday, binding applied, and I am almost through with the hemming. And then tonight I got another wild hair to make a matching pillowcase from the left-over fabrics. It is DONE! I’ll have pictures of these tomorrow, I hope.
WHEW! No WONDER I am so tired!
I promise pictures and a new subject matter before I leave on Monday… PROMISE!