It is finally pieced!! Jeremy’s quilt was the project that seemed to never end. This quilt is 107” x 107”. With 25 pieced blocks (each containing 64 pieces) and miles and miles of pieced sashing, then the pieced borders…. you get the idea.
I love how it turned out, and more importantly, JEREMY loves how it looks. This pattern is a Bonnie K. Hunter pattern found in her book, Scraps & Shirttails.
Some blocks I love better than others, and I learned a lot about using recycled shirts. I will now be on the look-out for shirts at a bargain. It seemed that it was especially hard to find really good light shirts. Medium value shirts are everywhere, and dark shirts are fairly easy to get, but really good lights… I’ll keep searching. The blocks I like best are the ones using really light shirts for the backgrounds. Admittedly, some of the blocks were rather busy for my tastes because of the background used. They will just have to be that way, because I used what I had.
Now my UFO goal for the month of May…. GET THIS HUGE THING QUILTED!!