These are all quilt related, and I am sure you have all been there, too.
10. When you discover the fabric you thought was mostly brown when you ordered it on the internet is actually GREEN and does NOT go with the quilt.
9. When you discover your speed-piecing technique for half-square triangles yielded a pile of slightly-off squares and each one will need to be trimmed individually. (So much for the SPEEDY technique!)
8. When you discover that your ruler slipped just a teeny-tiny bit on that last cut of your border fabric, and now all border pieces will need to be trimmed down to make things right.
7. Incorrect math in figuring amount of fabric needed. Nuff said!
6. Wavy borders on customer quilts. Nuff said!
5. Too-small linings on customer quilts. Nuff said!
4. When you roll the quilt and discover that SOMETHING in the bobbin area wasn’t quite right when you changed the bobbin, and you now get to rip out a whole row of quilting. What takes 10 minutes to quilt will take 6 HOURS to take out.
3. When people think you can make them a king-size quilt for $49.99. After all, they can get one for that amount at the department stores! HAHA!
2. When quilters pay $10 a yard for fabric and then complain about paying $80 for quilting on a queen-size quilt. (And this is usually prefaced with a remark like, “I’ve already spent so much on this quilt. I need the cheapest quilting you can do.”)
AND THE NUMBER ONE THINGS THAT MAKES YOU SAY “UGGHH!” IS….. (Drum roll, please.)
1. When your gut told you to do an overall pattern on your throw quilt. Yes, it has busy fabrics and the quilting won’t show much. But then you decided to do custom. And it took you 3 days to get it right. But you could have quilted the over-all in 3 hours. UGGHHHH!
Have a wonderfully blessed weekend!